Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!

You can expect to see ramblings including but not limited to the following: knitting, sewing, crochet, housework, DIY, interior decorating, gardening, family, music, comedy, history and local events. There may also be rantings, which are likely to be mainly about rudeness and bad grammar, but you will be warned in advance when a rant is about to happen so you can look away.

I'd be delighted if anyone wanted to comment on any of my ramblings or rantings.

Sunday 29 July 2012

A crochet tah-dah!

 Do you remember me saying quite a while ago that I just couldn't stop crocheting?  Well here is the end result.  It's a baby blanket for a very dear friend of mine who had her first baby, a little boy, last week


 The squares are just little granny squares with three rounds.  I single-crocheted them together in defiance of the pattern which said double crochet but I thought it looked too bulky.  The border is stolen from here.  The yarn I used is Stylecraft Special DK - I wouldn't normally use acrylic but I wanted it to be easily washable because it is for a baby.  I was pretty impressed by how soft it is actually.
 The spooky thing is that our other friend who we lived with whilst at university, also had her baby, also a boy on the same day!  She was 5.5 weeks early so it was a big surprise.  Quite strange that two of my friends should give birth on the same day but the fact that they know each other too....  Should make it easier for me to remember birthdays though!


I love these little labels, they're so cute, they make me scrunch my face up



So the second one of these blankets is having to be prioritised over all my other myriad projects due to the cheeky impatient baby coming out early!

Of course this post wouldn't be complete without saying thanks to dear Cuckoo for showing me how to make the squares, suggesting the size and recommending the yarn. xx


4 comments:

  1. You are my best pupil (Don't tell Sarah!)

    A delight of a blanket, I love it. It looks great SC together. Would you look at you, the novice adapting patterns already. It'll be a case of the student becoming the master soon.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blanket and the colors are gorgeous too. Cuckoo is a good teacher isn't she! The little tag is such a nice touch, hope your friend loves it.
    xx Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic blanket - the label adds that finishing touch. I hope you don't mind, but I have shared your blueberry muffin recipe on my blog this week. I may have changed it a bit (made it easier for me!), and I have credited you.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete